It may be considered “low season,” but summer is shaping up to be one the best times to visit Puerto Vallarta. We think if you can’t beat the heat, might as well enjoy it. So, here are five reasons to visit Puerto Vallarta right now:
- It’s turtle nesting season. Every year from June to September, thousands of sea turtles land on Banderas Bay beaches to lay their eggs. After about 45 days of incubation, the hatchlings are born and released into the sea.
- The Turicleto, a sustainable vehicle in which visitors can traverse Downtown Puerto Vallarta just got the green light. The pedal-powered Turicleto comes with a bilingual guide who explains the history of the city, pointing out the most iconic attractions, to up to 20 passengers.
- Because summer tends to be warmer than other months of the year, the city is less crowded making it easier to explore the charming cobblestone streets of Romantic Zone or stroll the waterfront Malecon with fewer visitors vying for the same vantage point.
- If you want to compete with your friends’ summer vacation Instagram feeds, hit the beaches of Puerto Vallarta. The azure warm waters will undoubtedly inspire wanderlust…and cool you off. There are several picturesque playas to choose from, but Playa los Muertos, Playa Bucerías, Playa Chacala, Playa Mayto and Playa Careyesare a few visitor favorites.
- Casa Kimberly’s new package,“Hot Nights Cool Savings,” is a sizzling summer offer not to be missed. The deal includes four nights for the price of three, deluxe continental breakfast in the morning and complimentary cocktails and tapas in the afternoon – to be enjoyed poolside or on your suite’s private terrace. Rooms can be booked online, by calling 877-218-3248, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.